Every runner has as list of must do races. Here is my running bucket list:
1. The ParisMarathon - One spring day in 2009 in Paris, two friends and I decided to stroll from our apartment rental to the Louvre. However, we could not cross the street because there were thousands of runners in our way. This was years before I ever dreamed of running for fun and knew nothing about marathons but the excitement was contagious and we had a blast watching the marathon we just stumbled upon.
2. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler- I have only heard good things about the Disney races (except for the steep entry fees). Running through Disney at night with Disney’s villains is right up my alley.
3. Boston Santa Speedo Run - This is another run that I stumbled upon when traveling. Crazy people running 1 mile in their underwear in freezing temps then drinking at bars all morning? This is my kind of race.
4. New Year Midnight Run- Tons of people dream of spending New Years Eve in Times Square. Not me. That seems like hell. BUT running through Central Park at midnight and having fireworks at the finish line is my idea of dream.
5. Big Sur Half and Full Marathon- Bart Yasso has said if he could only run one race, this would be it and I am not about to argue with Bart. Mountains, valleys, bridges, Pacific Ocean and more.
6. Ragnar Key West- Spending the weekend sleeping in a van and running a relay with other running nuts is something that I really want to do. Plus, look at that scenery?
7. Athens Marathon- I am in love with all things Greek and couldn’t imagine anything cooler than running the original marathon.
What races are on your running bucket list?
What makes a race bucket list worthy?
For me it is location and originality.
Has anyone ran any of these races? TELL ME ABOUT IT!