This week I have two recipes to share with your for Monday Night Football Food. Both are easy, both are delicious, and both of them compliment each other perfectly. Separately each recipe is great. Together, though, they are MVP (Most Valuable Plate) worthy.
Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup+White Cheddar Beer Bread
Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (14oz)
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Toss everything in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours, blend (either with an immersion blender or food processor), top with shredded white cheddar cheese (really any cheese will do) and serve with a side of White Cheddar Beer Bread.
White Cheddar Beer Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 can Yuengling
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375degrees and spray loaf pan.
- Sift flours together into a large bowl the mix in baking powder and salt
- Stir in cheese and add beer. Stir until everything is well combined and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes (until golden) and then let cool
I may or may not have gone back for two (or three) servings of this bread.
FYI the original bread recipe is HERE…my changes are very minimal.
What are your favorite combination dishes?
Grilled cheese and tomato soup will always be my favorite. With cookies and milk as a close second