Why is this written as a list? Because why not.
1) If you have read this blog for 3.4 seconds, you will notice two things:
- I use an iPhone for 100% of my pictures
- I am inappropriately obsessed with avocado and butternut squash
Last night my world was rocked by combining avocado and butternut squash into a burrito…and then taking an iPhone picture of it.
Seriously, my taste buds were doing cartwheels of happiness. I got the inspiration for this dish from Oh She Glows and made minimal changes (I used real cheese (queso) and quinoa instead of rice).
2) Today is my last day at my job. I have been there for 3 years and while I love the people I work with, I have been more than ready for something new. So I applied for a job that I thought I would be perfect for and the hiring team agreed. I am sooo excited for my first day Monday. How excited you ask? very excited. But not excited enough to quit my job via awesome dance video.
In the future I plan to leave all of my jobs with a dance solo.
3) The other day I decided to clean out my bathroom drawers. Midway through this process I began to accept that I am a hoarder of half empty beauty products. I don’t think I will need to buy face wash for a longggg time.
4) Last night Matt and I rented World War Z. I read the book a few months ago and thought it was just ok so I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from this movie. For the first time in the history of books that were made into movies, the movie was much better than the book. But then again, the book didn’t have Brad Pitt so I should’ve expected the movie to be better from the start.
5) Recently Matt and I came across a new to us veggie that we decided to try out. If broccoli and asparagus had a baby, it would taste like this. It was definitely tasty!
Favorite burrito stuffing?
How long have you worked in your current job?
Do you hoard anything?
Favorite book turned movie?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and James and the Giant Peach. I am apparently 9 years old.