Whew, what a week! Between a weekend full of house guests and tailgating and a week at my new job, I am beat! Fitness wise this week wasn’t the best. It seems like that is the theme of my fitness routine lately. I recently wrote a post about my favorite tips to get out of a funk and the first thing I suggested was figuring out why you are in the funk to begin with. So that’s what I did yesterday. Here are the main ‘running motivation suckers‘ I am battling right now:
- My pace is not improving. Like, at all.
- Other workouts just seem like more fun
- I’m constantly tired
- Not sure how I should be training
- Girl stuff (sorry to the 3 boys that read this blog)
So I addressed each bullet point head one:
- My pace is not improving because I do all of my runs at the same pace, never easier, never faster. I really need to start doing long, SLOW runs and dedicate one day a week to speed work.
- Use other workouts as a reward for a good run. Have a good run on Monday? Reward myself with a hot yoga class Tuesday. Yes, I am bribing myself to workout with another kind of workout. Crazy, but it works.
- Go to bed. Like, now. No tech stuff after 9pm to force me to get some zzz’s.
- I haven’t had a race to train for in a longggg time so my workouts have been kind of whatever, whenever. That was fun for a little while but now I really need a plan to keep me focused. (more on developing training plans later)
- Eat some chocolate. Probably won’t help in the fitness area but, damn, does it taste good.
Ok, enough whining. Here’s a look at the few workouts that did happen this past week:
I had the morning off so I left my Garmin at home and just ran by feel…then stretched in a field. I honestly loved every step of this run.
Planned rest day after a long weekend/first day of work
3 mile run with Matt through FSU. Kept it slow.
I did THIS arm workout.
What was your favorite workout this week?
How are you feeling about running? Anyone else not loving it?